Do you love watching K-Dramas? I am sure you are also one of the people who cannot help but gape at their glowing, fair skin. You might have also wondered how they achieved such a complexion. Of course, those celebrities have all the means to visit derma clinics whenever they want and need to. They can also buy all the expensive beauty products to take care of their skin. But, really, why do they—including Korean non-celebrities—possess the skin everyone raves about? On Byrdie, Amanda Montell revealed the reasons Korean women have such skin. These are some of them:
- There are salons or beauty products shops everywhere. They can be found at every street corner, so women are always tempted to drop by and eventually shop.
- They are able to obtain a variety of high-quality beauty items for their skincare routine because these goods are readily available and reasonably priced in Korea.
- They begin using anti-aging products at an early age. Korean girls undergo treatment from their ‘family specialist’ who provides service for their wellness.
The main goal is to achieve baby skin, which is why an anti-aging regimen is their best friend in skincare. And one of their anti-aging product is collagen.
What is Collagen?
Found in the skin, bones, ligaments, tendons, and blood vessels, collagen is the structural protein produced by the body. It is essential for bone, skin, and all other body organs’ health. But let us focus on what it does to the skin. It makes the skin firmer and more elastic. Collagen also helps create new cells and tissues and plays a big part in the healing process for wounds.
As we become older, collagen production in our bodies slows down. It can also be hindered by too much sun exposure, alcohol intake, lack of sleep and exercise, and smoking. The good news is we can buy collagen in the form of supplements. As stated by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, collagen was first used in creams and serums for the skin. But even dermatologists did not think it would work as a topical treatment because collagen is not found on the skin’s surface but in the deeper layers. The collagen fibers are too big to pass through the skin’s outer layers and penetrate the dermis. That is why oral supplements are here. Collagen supplements that you take by mouth, like pills, powders, and some foods, are thought to be better absorbed by the body and have become very popular.
Among the many brands of collagen supplements, there is one that stands out so far. If you want to achieve the complexion of your favorite K-Drama or K-Pop star, you do not have to go to Korea. The brand called Neocell is available here in the Philippines. This article shall provide a comprehensive NeoCell Collagen Supplement review.
About NeoCell Brand
“Beauty has a power source. You.”
That is their meaningful and empowering slogan. NeoCell is the leader in the industry when it comes to solutions that improve the health of vital collagen. It has been helping people worldwide live healthy, active lives for more than 17 years. Furthermore, it was the first company to study collagen and make supplements based on it.
Neocell is America’s top collagen brand because it makes high-quality products based on thorough research. It is made in a state-of-the-art factory in Irvine, California. Their key market areas are Health and Beauty, Sports Nutrition, Joint Health, and Hair, Skin, and Nails. Here in the Philippines, their most prominent product is NeoCell Super Collagen + C (Type 1 & 3).
NeoCell Super Collagen + C (Type 1 & 3)
Based on their claims, these vitamins have been developed specifically to maintain youthful skin, beautiful hair and nails, and overall good health. Including some collagen in your morning regimen will awaken your inner beauty right where it begins. To be specific, these are what the product offers:
- It helps maintain the skin’s youthful appearance.
- It promotes healthy hair and nail growth.
- It has both collagen peptides and antioxidant support from Vitamin C.
If you also notice, NeoCell Super Collagen + C (Type 1 & 3) sounds complex. You might wonder what these features are for. On their website, they specified the following:
- Type 1 & 3 collagen – essential to the development of healthy collagen.
- Vitamin C – boosts collagen in the skin and acts as an antioxidant
- Bioavailability – easily absorbed in the body
- Grass-fed collagen – guaranteed` paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and non-GMO
Here are the different reviews of the product:
“My hair and nails have shown such great improvement since I started taking Super Collagen + C. It really works for me.” —DeeDee
“The best collagen on the market, I tried other brands and was disappointed. Don’t settle for less than NeoCelli [it] works.” —Ann
“I have been [taking] this product for a month and have noticed a difference in my hair and skin, but I have also noticed a difference in my belly. My stomach stays big and bloated.” —BrandiC
The recommended dosage for adults is two tablets three times a day, ideally on an empty stomach.
NeoCell Super Collagen Price
A bottle of NeoCell Super Collagen + C (Type 1 & 3) with 250 tablets costs about PHP 1,180 to PHP 2,000, depending on the store. Make sure to purchase from legitimate and official stores.
How to Spot Fake NeoCell Collagen Products
Fake supplements have been on the rise in the Philippines, with many unregulated manufacturers selling counterfeit goods on the internet and in brick-and-mortar stores. These are way scarier than those fake products we use externally since the fake supplements can cause worse health issues. With unsafe ingredients, fake NeoCell products can put consumers at risk in many ways. These are ways to spot the fake ones:
- Most products made in the United States have a UPC bar code. UPC stands for “Universal Product Code.” It is a 12-digit number unique to each piece of retail merchandise and tells you what it is and who sells it. Although, UPCs can simply be copied. You can still narrow down the spotting-the-fake-product checklist by looking at it. Here’s a reference:
– NeoCell UPC 1st digits should be 016185
– For 360 tabs, the last six digits should be 130166
– For 360 tabs with biotin, the last six digits should be 129481
– For 250 tabs, the last six digits should be 128965
- The “Sealed for Your” text on the seal shouldn’t have spaces.
- The bottom of the bottle and the label both have the lot number stamped on them. Every time a batch is made, the bottles are marked with the same lot number.
- Fake lot numbers are in color yellow.
- Fake bottles have a label in less vivid colors and black text.
Where to buy NeoCell Collagen in the Philippines
NeoCell Collagen products can be found on local e-commerce platforms like Shopee, BeautyMNL, and Lazada. You can also buy directly from their website if shipping costs and post office requirements aren’t a problem. There are also sellers on social media platforms, but again, be mindful of the authenticity of the NeoCell products they sell.
Pros and Cons of Using NeoCell Collagen Products
When it comes to beauty products, NeoCell Collagen Supplement is one of the bestselling ones. It has all the benefits of a collagen supplement: promoting healthier and more youthful-looking skin, hair, and nails. However, like every beauty product and supplement, some potential cons come with taking NeoCell Collagen. It is essential to research and read reviews before making any decisions to be sure you are making the right decision for your personal health and beauty goals. These are its pros and cons:
- It is a grass-fed collagen.
- It has both collagens 1 and 3.
- It helps with my joints and arthritis.
- It helps with hair growth and strengthens nails.
- Easy to swallow.
- It has an antioxidant.
- It makes skin feel smooth and prevents dryness.
- It is not that affordable.
- It can worsen acne.
- It may cause bloating and nausea.
- It can raise calcium levels, which is not beneficial.
- It may cause mood swings.
It is no secret that celebrities have perfect-looking skin, and most of us want to achieve the same. However, it is not easy to maintain a youthful complexion without the help of products or treatments. NeoCell Collagen supplements are one of the most popular ways to give your skin a boost. Not only do they help keep it hydrated and plump, but they also help promote skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. With the help of NeoCell Collagen, you can get one step closer to achieving beautiful skin like celebrities.
If you’re close to buying NeoCell products, you still need to be careful because it may not work for you the same way it did for others who saw positive results. We all aim to look our best, but we must be mindful when taking beauty supplements. It is best to ask your doctor before deciding to add any supplement to your daily routine. They will be able to evaluate your overall health and advise you on the safest and most effective ones for you.